According to the AJCA there are now a baker’s dozen UGA players who have been confirmed will be sidelined for the postseason game. Of those 13, a dozen are on the two-deep depth chart. Six of them, three on each side of the ball, are starters.
The list from the Journal-Constitution, which noted that those 13 players have appeared in a total of 149 games this season, appears below, including the number of appearances this season:
- OL Ben Cleveland (academics), 13 games
- OL Andrew Thomas (NFL training), 13
- OL Isaiah Wilson (NFL training), 11
- OL D’Marcus Hayes (undisclosed), 6
- RB Brian Herrien (undisclosed), 12
- WR Lawrence Cager (ankle injury), 9
- WR Dominick Blaylock (knee injury), 12
- DB J.R. Reed (foot injury), 13
- DB Divaad Wilson (undisclosed), 13
- DL Tyler Clark (undisclosed), 13
- OLB Walter Grant (concussion), 12
- ILB Quay Walker (undisclosed), 13
- DB Tyrique McGhee (undisclosed), 9
That list could actually grow by one before kickoff.D’Andre Swift, who suffered a shoulder injury late in the regular season that helped severely limit him in the SEC championship game earlier this month. He may be a game time decision.